LUSH HONEY BEE

To me, it just isn’t a proper bath unless it’s a Lush bath. Recently my box of Lush goodies was found empty, and I was left feeling very underwhelmed hopping into my bath tubs without the usual piles of fluffy bubbles and bright coloured water. I found this in Lush after it catching my eye with the bright colours, and strangely enough Honey Bee is actually a bath bomb I’ve never used before!

First impressions are pretty obvious; this doesn’t leave your bath the most attractive of colours! Lets be honest, it looks like a lot of wee, but I didn’t mind too much as the scent is lovely; It’s a sweet, caramelly honey fragrance that really sticks around. On the website it says the ingredients are Aloe Vera and Rhassoul Mud which claims to soothe and moisturise the skin, but I honestly didn’t notice much of that. My skin felt lovely whilst I was in the bath, but I still felt the need to apply copious amounts of body butter afterwards, whereas a bomb such as Butterball really leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft.
Overall, I just wasn’t blown away. At Β£3.25 a pop it’s not the cheapest option from Lush, and I just didn’t feel it did enough to make me repurchase. I’ll be sticking with my beloved tested and proven ones from now one! Have you tried this? What did you think?

Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Shop

Catherine McCourt

Catherine McCourt is the editor of Hey, Mama, a parenting, interiors and business blog designed to help you create a beautiful home on a budget and a kick-ass career whilst you’re at it.

Share:

1. January 30, 2014 / 1:43 pm

I haven't tried this but I have tried Butterball and I definitely agree it leaves your skin feeling moisturized! I wish there was a lush closer to me but then again, I'd probably end up spending way too much there too often haha.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

• January 30, 2014 / 7:50 pm

Haha, yep! I was praying my boyfriend didn't walk in half way through my bath, it would have caused lots of awkward questions!

2. January 30, 2014 / 6:27 pm

It's too bad you weren't blown away by this. The description of the smell does sounds good however!

xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

3. January 30, 2014 / 10:09 pm

I've not tried Honey Bee before but I might give it a miss. I think LUSH do some better bath bombs & I too like ones that are hydrating & leave my skin smooth x

4. January 30, 2014 / 10:51 pm

Honey Bee looks really nice but it is a shame it doesn't look too good in the bath! I think they can be quite expensive these bath bombs, they are nice treats though.

Amy x

5. January 31, 2014 / 3:52 am

A Lush bath is great, isn't it? I don't have many chances to do so because the bathtub in my house right now is pretty disgusting. Have you tried the comforter bubble bar? I love that one!

• February 4, 2014 / 12:24 pm

Absolutely! That's definitely one of my favourites from Lush, I repurchase everytime I'm in store πŸ™‚

6. January 31, 2014 / 12:07 pm

I adore the scent of this bath bomb but I do feel that it should be a little bit more moisturizing! xx

7. Anonymous
    January 31, 2014 / 5:03 pm

Ooh an interesting colour haha! I bet the smell is really delicious if it's honey/caramel.
    I have only tried a few bath bombs by lush! but I'll be sure to check out butterball as that sounds lovely!

8. February 1, 2014 / 12:46 am

This is a must try, I love anything honey scented.

9. February 3, 2014 / 11:29 am

HONEY SCENTED? Ahhh, I must try this.

xoxo,
    kaleidoscopiic.blogspot.com

10. February 3, 2014 / 12:39 pm

I quite like the smell but have to say I prefer bubble bars over ballistics anyway, I love lots of bubbles πŸ™‚ xx

11. February 24, 2014 / 7:31 pm

You should really try Dragons Egg! It left my skin feeling so amazing afterwards! It doesnt turn your bath magically colourful however it does have popping candy in the centre which is always lovely πŸ™‚
    xx