"Three words for you. Treat. Yo. Self." I certainly don't need reminding of that Parks & Rec episode to want to buy myself a little sumthin' sumthin', but being a mama it's easy to feel an incredible amount of guilt for spending money on things that aren't remotely baby related. Cue me cutting my own hair and recycling clothes that I've owned for years in favour of buying Ada another cute outfit. But there are some ways to treat yourself for just a few pounds, or even for FREE. Who'd have thunk it.
1. Stick on your favourite music. There isn't much of a better feeling than blasting some of your favourite music and having a good singalong and boogie in your living room, although perhaps make it mid-afternoon so the postman doesn't catch you belting out Bootylicious, dancing with the cats.
2. Buy a new nail varnish. Everyone loves cute nails, and Barry M do some seriously good quality polishes for under a fiver.
3. Buy some flowers. Whether it's for the house or the garden, flowers are always a winner. I personally always raid the reduced section first, but buy wisely. Lillies that are already fully open aren't going to last more than a couple days, whereas roses that just look a little rough around the edges will last for a week or more if looked after properly. Just a couple quid a week brightens up the home and my mood!
4. Sleep. Sleep don't cost a goddamn thang and it makes you feel AMAZING. Unfortunately as a mama it's one of the things that I can't really treat myself to, unless I fancy going to bed when Ada does at 7am, but on the rare moments that Kane gives me a lie-in it is the best.
5. Go on a walk. I know, i know, sometimes exercise isn't everyone's idea of treating themselves, but particularly if you're not in the best mood, walking is just top for clearing your head and just taking stock of things.
6. Take a long bath. Possibly throw in a little pamper. You don't have to shave your legs though, it's almost Autumn - win win.
7. Go for a coffee. Don't stress over the calories in that mocha cookie crumble frappuccino either, just enjoy it!
8. Put fresh bedding on. The best.
9. Spend some time on Pinterest. There's pretty stuff on there that you can perve over for days, instant mood lifters.
What are your favourite budget treats?